[Zope-dev] WikiDot? ;-)

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:29:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 chrisw@nipltd.com wrote:

> Chris McDonough wrote:
> > A lot of the listed complaints are trying to be addressed by the
> > "WikiNG" proposal, which is (of course) in the Proposals wiki on
> > dev.zope.org.
>
> The irony ;-)
>
> > This may be a good idea... personally, I really don't have much of a
> > problem keeping up with the discussions, but it seems a lot of people
> > do.  This idea should probably be floated in dev.zope.org itself as a
> > proposal.
>
> I'll give it a go :-S
>
> How abotu a cross between a Discussion Forum and a Wiki?

This is what i tried to get at with the part of the proposal about
tailored structuring of wikis.  Append-to-end structuring for weblog style
wikis, allow-only-nesting (not-editing-of-other-peoples-stuff) for more
elaborate structuring, etc.  Structuring to the purpose, while exploiting
wiki features, could be cool.

If it ever gets a chance to happen, sigh.

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com