[Zope-dev] HiperDOM & xmlc

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:08:57 -0300

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 08:34:51AM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> lalo@hackandroll.org wrote:
> >
> > Nonono. If the attribute is not specified, the page is a
> > standalone template and is not wrapped at all. This is important.
>
> But, you see, this solution sounded an alarm for the OO folks here at
> DC.  I wanted it just as you say.  But when it was presented this way,
> everyone figured that the effect was that the model was specifying the
> view... and that's just wrong.  I agree with them in one regard--models
> should not specify views.  But as I see it (and as I think you do as
> well), we're not on the model layer at all.  All of this is *only* on
> the view or "presentation" layer.

Obviously. Templates (Hiperdom or XHTMLWhatever) are the view.
The model is the set of objects and methods that store and
process the data.

Both templates - the page template and the wrapper - are
components of the presentation layer. The concept of a wrapper
is just another cool feature to make people's lives easier; is
basically about building a presentation from a prototype.

> So the standard_page_template default wrapping is an attempt at a
> compromise.

It's wrong.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar