[Zope-dev] ZSQL Methods from Python?

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:08:20 -0500

At 08:43 AM 9/22/00 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Also, does anyone know of any work done to extend ZSQL Methods to allow
>> stored-procedure calls?
>
>No, but I'd love to see someone tackle it. The semantics
>of stored procedures varies so widely accross databases, that
>I doubt that it would be easiliy generalizable. I think, at
>least for starters, a form of stored procedure support for
>Oracle would make alot of sense.

Ty and I have put together a Stored Procedure method for Sybase; it
requires a minor patch to ZSybaseDA, however, to allow for the status code
return.  I'm not sure how useful it would be to anyone else, though, since
all we ever do with stored procedures is process the return value, and
ignore any actual SELECT results.