[Zope-dev] ZCatalog : UTF-8 Chinese

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:59:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Sin Hang Kin wrote:
> I generate the search interface, and test it. However, the search of the
> index terms return nothings. I search most entries found in the vocubalury
> but none works, those work will return many unwanted results also.
>
> What is causing this failure? What I can do to go further?

It is possible you are having an issue with the way the splitter
is used on the search term input side.  Several of us have found
bugs in that area.  We've fixed the ones we've found, but there
may be more <wry grin>.

Run zope in debug mode ("the debugger is your friend" howto), and
watch what UnTextIndex does with the search terms.  (Hint: instead
of trying to set breakpoints per the howto, just uncomment the
appropriate calls to the debugger in the UnTextIndex or Lexicon
source file...)

--RDM