[Zope-dev] aq_inner crash: Python 1.5.2's fault? (also how to get the client)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:09:39 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:
> > The line:
> >         print self.aq_inner()
> >
> > in the __call__ method of a python product caused the python process to
> > dump an 'unknown software exception'.
> >
> > Should that be so?
>
> No. Sound's like a bug. Would you mind submitting a collector entry?

Not at all, but...

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> I bet you are using python 1.5.2 on Windows.

I am, Toby's explanation sounds accurate. So, does this go in the Zope
collector or the Python collector?
If the later, does anyone know if it is in there already?

Jim Fulton wrote:
> http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/Projects/Interfaces/AcquisitionModuleInterface
> http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/Projects/Interfaces/Acquisition

...very useful links :-)

> In particular:
>
>   Acquisition.aq_chain(ob,1)

How would this differ from getPhysicalPath(ob)? Is it just that
getPhysicalPath won't contain any acquired objects, if you see what I
mean?

I think something ob.getPhysicalPath() is probably what I want, but if
you read my post titled "__call__ hell :-(" you'll see I can't actually
find the object I'd need to call getPhysicalPath() on. I think it's the
'client' I'm looking for but I have no idea for to get that in the
__call__ method of my python product.

Any ideas?

(if it helps, the __call__ method is executed as the result of a
<dtml-var myObject> which appears in standard_html_header)

cheers,

Chris