[Zope-dev] aq_base, aq_base() and infinite recursion...

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:32:21 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Phil Harris wrote:
> >
> > Have you tried Christian Tismers Stackless Python, which has 'infinite'
> > recursion capabilities?
>
> I'm not sure this would be entirely helpful here ;-)
>
> I wonder what aq_base(), over aq_base, does that causes an infinite
> recursion?
> Maybe I should still stick this in the collector...

aq_base is not a method (nor is aq_inner).  "wrapped_object.aq_base()"
just unwraps wrapped_object then tries to execute __call__() on the
unwrapped object.  If there is infinite recursion that results, there's
a 99.9% chance that the object simply isn't supposed to be called when
unwrapped (which DTML can't do anyway because of security checks.)

Shane