[Zope-dev] ZServer and ftp port-1 data channel

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
26 Sep 2000 16:50:55 GMT

It appears we still have a problem with ZServer's port 20 data
channel response behavior with the latest released Zope (Zope 2.2.1
(source release, python 1.5.2, linux2) and Active Mode ftp clients.

In particular, when you select the port-1 behavior, medusa can't
seem to bind to port 20 when port 21 command channel is specified.

"ftp_server.py" line 278:
	if self.bind_local_minus_one:
		cdc.bind (('', self.server.port - 1))

After verifying that self.server.port - 1 = 20, the current behavior
is that medusa simply hangs at the bind statement. If there was a
permissions problem my understanding (and experience) is that one
would receive:

 socket.error: (13, 'Permission denied')

and not a process hang.  Any idea why medusa simply hangs on the
attempted bind?

Thanks