[Zope-dev] Can't _setObject???

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:56:01 -0300

Hi there

I just found out (while coding ZUnit 0.2) that ZUnit 0.1
doesn't work on Zope 2.3.x for some reason.

The method manage_startTests of the TestRunner class creates an
instance of TestResults, runs the tests with it (using
RESPONSE.write(), if this makes a difference), then adds it to
itself using self._setObject().

On Zope 2.2.x this works like a charm. On 2.3.x it doesn't
bomb, doesn't raise an exception and doesn't set my house on
fire, but the TestResults object simply isn't persisted.

We tried all kinds of desperate things, like setting _p_changed
on both TestRunner and TestResults, and doing a
get_transaction().commit() - nothing changes.

Out of curiosity, we enabled the addlist in TestRunner and sure
enough, you can add objects via the addlist and they persist
normally.

Anyone has a clue? Of all things that changed between 2.2 and
2.3, which one can be killing us like that?

[]s,
                                               +----
--
           I say a prayer now our love's departed