[Zope-dev] Confused by accuisition, need help

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 20:53:17 -0300

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 11:14:51PM +0200, Robert Rottermann wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I need the help with the following situation:

The easiest way is to make more use of DTML and not try to bend
it so much:

>       <dtml-in expr="PARENTS[0].data()">
>         <OPTION selected value="<dtml-var sequence-index>">
>           <dtml-var sequence-item>
>         </OPTION>
>       </dtml-in>

Instead, try just <dtml-in data>.

> Now my problem:
> in index_html I only would like to splice the various parts togezher.
>
> Like so:
> <some glue>
>     <dtml-var expr="PARENTS[0].data.projects.show()">
>     <dtml-var expr="PARENTS[0].data.documents.show()">
> </some glue>

Try this:

 <some glue>
     <dtml-with data>
         <dtml-with projects>
             <dtml-var show>
         </dtml-with>
         <dtml-with documents>
             <dtml-var show>
         </dtml-with>
     </dtml-with>
 </some glue>

Or something like that.

When you call stuff with "name=" instead of "expr=", you let
DocumentTemplate do the calling for you, and then your methods
will be called with the correct parameters.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
           I say a prayer now our love's departed