[Zope-dev] standard_error_message manipulation

Dyon Balding dyon@devcoder.com.au
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:44:44 +1000

Hi,

As part of a large python product I wanted to modify the normal
"Zope Error" standard_error_message page.

Most exceptions will be caught in the code, and therefore those
that do get through and cause an error message to be displayed
to the user probably indicate a bug in our code.  I would like
to give the user the ability to submit the details of the exception
along with their own information as a bug report.

I created my own standard_error_message, and wanted it to contain
a form with the values of error_value and error_tb among
others.  It however appears that the values of these variables get
rendered into HTML much earlier than desired and therefore aren't
very readable in a bug report.

Is there a better approach to this problem? or a work around?

thanks
-d

--
Dyon Balding <dyon@devcoder.com.au>