[Zope-dev] un-own an object

Tim McLaughlin tim@BCSWebservices.net
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:17:06 -0400

Ok, so imagine a DTML method has an owner, and as the docs say the method
can do no more than the authenticated user and the owner's permissions
combined.  So, now delete the owner.

The DTML method will no longer be functional, since the owner does not
exist, and has no permissions.  I found this to be true with ZClass
constructors at least.  I believe that the method should take the
permissions of the authenticated_user only in this scenario, but it does
not.

Any ideas?
Tim McLaughlin                     		BCSwebservices.net
Director, Technical Group            	1950 Old Gallows Road
tel:  (703) 790.8081 x111		Suite 201
tim@bcswebservices.net		Vienna, VA 22182
www .bcswebservices. net