[Zope-dev] Zope cut & paste behaviour

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:38:16 +0200

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 04:37:26PM +0200, Ivo van der Wijk wrote:
> > Hmm - we can't just set it to '/', because some people have
> > multiple Zope instances mapped to a domain (ex: my.com/foo/
> > and my.com/bar/ are aliased to two different Zope instances).
> >
> > I think what we need to do is figure out the "virtual" root
> > url and set the cookie with that path.
> >

> This sounds difficult. Wouldn't it be easier to use some sort of unique
> zope instance id (if none exists: something like the hostname + port
> the zope is running on) and use this in the clipboards cookie name?

No, it's quite easy, the REQUEST object has several variables that take
care of this (like REQUEST.BASEPATH1).

Note that cookies are already bound to a particular hostname and port
number, you can at most make them bind to a domain name instead, but this
in not the default behaviour. And it wouldn't solve the problem in this
situation.

--
Martijn Pieters