[Zope-dev] Zope cut & paste behaviour

Ivo van der Wijk ivo@amaze.nl
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:58:18 +0200

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 08:38:16AM +0200, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 04:37:26PM +0200, Ivo van der Wijk wrote:
> > > Hmm - we can't just set it to '/', because some people have
> > > multiple Zope instances mapped to a domain (ex: my.com/foo/
> > > and my.com/bar/ are aliased to two different Zope instances).
> > >
> > > I think what we need to do is figure out the "virtual" root
> > > url and set the cookie with that path.
> > >

> > This sounds difficult. Wouldn't it be easier to use some sort of unique
> > zope instance id (if none exists: something like the hostname + port
> > the zope is running on) and use this in the clipboards cookie name?
>
> No, it's quite easy, the REQUEST object has several variables that take
> care of this (like REQUEST.BASEPATH1).
>
> Note that cookies are already bound to a particular hostname and port
> number, you can at most make them bind to a domain name instead, but this
> in not the default behaviour. And it wouldn't solve the problem in this
> situation.

In the situation Brian suggested, 2 zopeservers are running on 1 domain,
probably with apache in front of it. So /foo points to zope server 1 and
/bar points to zope server 2. And you don't want these two to share their
__cp cookie.

And of course each zope server is running on a unique (host,port), but it's
not always certain that the server is accessed this way (i.e. I let my customers
visit www.somedomain.com/manage instead op
zopehosting.amaze.nl/ZopeHosting/site/manage)

Anyway, I'll look further into it and see what I can come up with.

Vrolijk pasen,

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                              -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                      Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.