[Zope-dev] Re: BTreeFolder

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:43:26 -0400

At 09:19 AM 4/27/01 -0700, Michael Bernstein wrote:
>Shane Hathaway wrote:
> >
> > Chris Withers wrote:
> > > will you be releasing a new version of BTreeFolder that makes use of
> the new
> > > funky BTrees at any stage?
> >
> > We've done some work on it; in fact Jim came up with a bold new idea
> > that makes them inherently faster. Now to find the time. :-)
>
>Does this have any implications for the BTree implementation
>used in ZPatterns Racks?

Yes.  Whenever I get around to updating ZPatterns for Zope 2.3.x, I plan to
switch to the new BTrees.

However, if you can't wait for that, you can always hand-edit the import
statements in Rack.py to do the right thing.  That will only work for new
rack objects, or at any rate for racks that haven't yet created their BTree.

Now, what *I*'d like to know is what the "bold new idea" is, since it
sounds like it's something even newer than the
forward-chained-buckets-plus-conflict-resolution stuff that's already been
released.