[Zope-dev] ZCatalog features

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 12:10:18 -0400

"Morten W. Petersen" wrote:

> Hia guys,
>
> A couple of comments and questions about the ZCatalog:
>
> Is it possible to pass an argument to the catalog so that returned brains
> would instead be actual objects?

Not currentl, although the new brain objects have a method 'getObject'
that makes getting the object straightforward while you're iterating
over a bunch of them.

> Given that we have to manually join search results, because ZCatalog
> doesn't support ORs etc (for FieldIndexes), wouldn't it be useful to have
> some sort of tool that could take a set of results, and return a result
> with only unique values?

Yes.  There's a propsal on dev.zope.org to expose union and intersection
operations to users of the catalog.
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/UnionAndIntersectionOperations
.   Comments are appreciated.