[Zope-dev] 'transparent' proxying to a method not in your namespace?

Dyon Balding dyon.balding@monster.com
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:14:32 -0700

Sean,

I think I understand what you're trying to do; if so, I've done
something similar.  What I had was a list of staff members pulled from
LDAP, and a folder containing objects representing some of those staff
members (those who had customized their information).  The URLs from the
staff list page were all the same, ie blah/staff/name or similar.  I then
had a site access_rule that grabbed and rendered the customized object if it
existed, or retrieved some generic information from LDAP and rendered it
if it didn't.

I think that's approximately what you're trying to do?  If the above
method sounds plausible I can give you a copy of my code if it's any help.

-d