[Zope-dev] 2.3.3 to 2.4 with zctl.py

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung" <andreas@zope.com
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:51:09 -0400

For Python 2.1 the call must be:

  s.connect( (host,int(port) )

Andreas
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Kelly" <KellyA@gw.franklin.edu>
To: <zope-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Mittwoch, 8. August 2001 13:42
Subject: [Zope-dev] 2.3.3 to 2.4 with zctl.py

I have ZEO running with Zope 2.3.3.  I followed the instructions at
http://www.zope.org/Members/dshaw/AdvancedSiteSetup to set this up.  I
wanted to upgrade Zope to 2.4.  My thinking was that I should be able to
replace my Zope_software_installation directory with the contents of 2.4 and
restart Zope.  I also wanted to use the zctl.py script that is described in
the howto listed above, however when I run that script with 2.4, I get:

# ./zctl.py start
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./zctl.py", line 332, in ?
    _dispatch()
  File "./zctl.py", line 329, in _dispatch
    globals()[action](args)
  File "./zctl.py", line 132, in start
    start_zeo(zeo_args)
  File "./zctl.py", line 145, in start_zeo
    if host == 'localhost' and not _check_for_service(host, port):
  File "./zctl.py", line 301, in _check_for_service
    s.connect(host, int(port))
TypeError: connect() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

I can see the line that it has a problem with, and I see that it is trying
to pass 2 arguments.  What does it take to change that to work with the new
version of Zope?  Or is there something else I am missing?

Alex Kelly