[Zope-dev] DCOracle2-Beta5 with Oracle8i

Juan Javier Carrera Obrero jcarrera@uco.es
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:05:51 +0200

I have installed the DCOracle2-Beta5 product in my Zope 2.4 with Python 2.1
for Win32 plataform. However, when I run the install.py file with Python 2.1
version (and the win32 extensions installed), it shows the next error:

"ERROR: DCOracle2 failed to load

The most likely reason DCOracle2 failed to load is a platform
binary mismatch between your version of Oracle and the
version of Oracle the pre-built binary was compiled against,
Oracle 8i.  You can either rebuild DCOracle2 from source, or
install Oracle 8i client libraries on your computer.  You
may be able to obtain Oracle client libraries at
http://technet.oracle.com

The python error message is:
exceptions.ImportError: DLL load failed: Uno de los dispositivos vinculados
al sistema no funciona."

However, I am using the Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0.

Also, I have tried compile the source files, but it generates a error
because it does not found the "oci.h" file. This file is not in the packaged
DCO2-beta5.zip file.

Could you help me about this problem?

Thank you very much.