[Zope-dev] Emergency User Stupidity with Transactions

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:16:49 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to import a _big_ .zexp (1.8GB)
>
> To stop browsers timing out, I wrote a little script to do this:
>
> from urllib import urlopen
>
> print "start"
> urlopen('http://username:password@localhost:80/manage_importObject?set_owner:int=0&file=my.zexp').read()
> print "done"
>
> ...which runs and print:
>
> start
> done
>
> ...but when I I got to the root management interface, I see no 'my' object.
>
> Weird. Go to the Database Info page in the control panel and the Data.fs _has_
> grown by 1.8GB, so where's the object?!

I printed the results of the urlopen. I was getting an 'Emergency User Cannot
Own' error.

But, and this is crazy, the Data.fs is still growing by the size of the import,
even though it hasn't been successfully imported!!!

Ideas?

Chris