[Zope-dev] Z SQL Method problems (now two confirmed bugs)

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 19:13:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:

> For extra credit, consider writing a proposal (and implementing, of course)
> to change SQL methods to be capable of handling positional and/or named
> parameters -- i.e. pass params as PARAMETERS and let the DRIVER figure out
> what to do.

Like this?: http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1867/view

Not my patch, just came across it researching my problem. I haven't tested
it at all, and since MySQL doesn't bind variables, not much reason to...

One patch I would very, very much like to see make into Zope is:

http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1576/view

I have a Product I am working on that is nearly intractable (or at least
much less flexible) without this. In a nutshell, it adds <dtml-comma> as a
legal element inside of <dtml-sqlgroup ...> blocks, analogously to
<dtml-and> and <dtml-or>. Someone else had a patch that implemented
<dtml-union>, which I don't personally have a use for, but it would be
trivial to add to the one above (two lines).

It seems like there are a lot of pending bugs in the Collector, at
least if you search for SQL.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy