[Zope-dev] DCO2 beta5 and Solaris

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:54:37 +0200

> Hello!
>
> Has anybody gotten any success using DCO2Beta5 with Solaris and Zope 2.=
3.3
> and the LAtest Hotfix installed?
>
> I have it working w/o problems on my Win2K machine and Zope-2.4.0 but n=
ot
on
> our Solaris server with 2.3.2 nor 2.3.3

I discovered what it was. DCO2 is no longer aware of INSTANCE_HOME it seems.

I have al my external Products that I use for several Zope-distros in a
SharedProducts directory and then I symlink them into the
$INSTANCE_HOME/Products directory.

With previous betas this worked OK. With the current beta 5 it does not work
anymore.

You have to install the ZOracleDA in the lib/python/Products directory of
your Zope distro, which was the reason it worked on my Win2k Machine I don't
use it with Instance Home yet).

Note to Matt:
- why is it so now?
- This could perhaps be more emphazised in the docs.

Sincerely,

/Dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services