[Zope-dev] Request For Comments: SecurityJihad

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:57:28 -0400

> From: "Michael R. Bernstein" <webmaven@lvcm.com>
>
> So I'm asking the product authors on the list if that breakage is
> acceptable, provided they can re-activate the "magic" by doing:
>
> security.useMagicMethodNames("yes")
> security.docstringsMakeObjectsPublishable("yes")

I liked the idea of having some new replacement classes to Item &
SimpleItem, where you could just change the inheritance to unbreak your
product... then you could depreciate Item & Simpleitem, and put that stuff
in those?  Then nothing would break...  eventually you could delete Item &
SimpleItem to cause breakage, after a suitable crossover period?