[Zope-dev] DCO2 blocking/thread problem

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:52:13 -0400

Rasmus Bording wrote:

>hey!
>
>Our Zope application "blocks" when it uses the DCO2 connection
>to our Oracle database. I.e. Zope wont handle other requests until
>the Oracle query has finished. Anyone got a clue why?
>
>We are using DCO2 beta5 and Zope-2.3.0 on Linux.
>
>Thanks.
>Rasmus Bording

Hi,

That's interesting -- It shouldn't block, but that doesn't mean it
isn't, obviously.
You are running Zope with more than one thread, I'm sure.  Each
long-running operation in DCOracle2 will yield the global interpreter
lock to allow other threads to run, so it could be that something else
is causing the blockage.

Do you have a simplified example you can use to demonstrate this?  I may
try to reproduce it with an enormous join, I don't have much experience
at making Oracle run *slowly* ;)