[Zope-dev] Signal 11 restarts

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:44:30 +0100

Hi folks.

I have a Zope 2.4 CVS checkout from a couple of days ago, which I'm
running on a linux system on a Cobalt Raq.

I've compiled it against Python 2.1.1 (compiled from source), and
compiled a fresh DynPersist.so for it for use with ZPatterns.

Every so often, the server restarts after crashing on a signal 11.

The log entry looks something like this:

2001-08-15T18:26:03 ERROR(200) zdaemon zdaemon: Wed Aug 15 19:26:03
2001: Aiieee! 8736 exited with error code: 11

I can't reliably reproduce the problem, but it does keep happening.

Seeing as it's a signal 11, I'm guessing that something in Python or a
Zope C module isn't compiled right.

Any pointers as to where to start to debug this?

Thanks.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer