[Zope-dev] Finding specific parent object with acquisition ?

Martijn Jacobs mart@eastsite.nl
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:50:47 +0200

> You can simply refer to self.ProductA if you inherit from SimpleItem (it
> includes implicit acquisition). You can also acquire the REQUEST object
> that way, for instance.

Thanx, now I know for sure :)  My last mail was a little bit long, because I
wanted to be sure everybody would understand it, but I forgot the essence
of my problem :)

Instead of saying self.<id>, which gives me the object I want by id, I want
to do something like self.getObject("Special Folder"), where I want to find
the first instance of  a specific type, for example the (made-up) product
"Special Folder". Is this also possible finding it by acquisition?

> PS. Cool, 'nother Martijn. Remeber, Martijn Faassen is The Other Martijn
> (even if he claims I am), I'm The Original Martijn. Not sure what we'll
> call you though... This has nothing to do with the Dutch conspiracy, as it
> doesn't exist.
Well, at my company we also have three Martijn's, so it's not a dutch
conspiracy, but a martijn-conspiracy :)  They call me 'mart' over here, so
that would be fine.

> Nice to see another Dutch Web agency use Zope for Content Management. I
> never was able to convince my previous employer of the advantages, as
> "everyone wants Java"..
Jeps, everyone ones java with all his disadvantages. After a review of
different platforms and development tools we decided to use Zope, because
the philosophy behind it and the logic it uses is brilliant! We are building
a CMS on top of zope, so every coffee-lady can make her own website :)

BTW, You are working for Zope Company now?

martijn jacobs
eastsite
www.eastsite.nl