[Zope-dev] Efficient and flexible object references

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:40:47 +0100

> I am building a Zope application (described more in full at the end of the
> message, eliminated here for brevity) that needs to make a large number of
> object references from other objects.

Hmmm, I'm in the protracted process of building a portal_discussion tool
that stores a tree of lightweight objects that map to CMF content. Kindof an
equivalent to ZCatalog but in a tree paradigm rather than a table paradigm.

If this might be what you're after, check the Swishdot module out of the
Squishdot CVS on SourceForge and have a look at DiscussionTool.py. It
doesn't currently work but should give you a rough idea of what planet I was
on.

cheers,

Chris