[Zope-dev] E-market? What's happening? Latest Code, etc

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:44:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, James wrote:
> I thought that E-market was still being worked on. I thought it was sort of
> put on the back burner.  Are there plans to revive it, and can where can I get
> the latest code?

Back burner is probably a good description, in terms of anything
happening in the base code.

The latest code can be downloaded from

	http://www.zope.org/Members/sspickle/EMarket

I'm not aware of any bugs in the a4 version.

I'm not sure where Steve is at with EMarket, but I've got two sites
I'm working on using the a4 code (plus a small mod).  Both are functional,
with completion waiting on factors outside the store code.

I should note, however, that I replaced most of the "tailorable"
methods in building the stores (both of which are backed by postgres
databases, by the way), and I had to write a fair amount of logic
to make my stores work.  Particularly in what happens after the
'checkout' button is pressed,  since EMarket doesn't have any default
transaction support code as it currently stands.

I'd have to say that EMarket is a store construction kit, and not
a finished store, in its current state.

--RDM