core i18n support (was [Zope-dev] Open Letter to zope-dev)

Robert Rottermann robert@redcor.ch
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:42:07 +0100

Andreas,
sorry if I have not reacted to a questions for assistance in the realm of
i18n. I must have missed them.
I rarely go to EuroZope since this site seems badly maintained.

However I really would like to help with the internationalization of Zope
since most of what we do here a my company must be multilingual.
I do have considerable experience making programs "translatable" and I did a
multilanguage CMF (with which I never was really happy)
Some 6 Months ago I started to collect what is there regarding i18n and
Zope. I did get a sizable number of answers. However there where two rather
unfortunate tendencies:
- multiple, different and incompatible attempts from "our" side
- missing involvement and therefore no "shepherding" from ZC's side

If, as Paul assures, the second point is about to be rectified it might be
now the time to do a second such compilation and then start "doing" it.

Robert