[Zope-dev] Fully Zope-based Mailman Version

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 02 Dec 2001 11:21:07 -0600

At 03:55 PM 12/2/2001 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
>Stephan Richter wrote:
> >
> > >1. Convert the HTML screens to Zope DTML and connect the functionality to
> > >Mailman.
> >
> > Okay, I just wrote a proof of concept by simulating the admin intro screen
> > and it works just fine. The most amount of work will come from the HTML
> > page translations into DTML.
>
>Can I suggest you use ZPT rather than DTML and make your life easier in
>the long
>run?

I haven't looked at ZPT at all yet, simply because I did not have to and
usually my DTML is minimal, since I develop all logical features in Python
in anyway.
However, now that it becomes Zope Core Component that might be a possible
choice. How do you think will ZPT be better (other than that DTML is not
the future)? I just installed ZPT on the Mailman-Zope installation. I would
like someone on the mailing list to convert the manage_admin.dtml script to
manage_admin_zpt (I created the bare script already) inside this Zope
Installation. I will give you the necessary access once you reply.

Mmmh, actually, if you (anyone) is willing to work on it, what the heck, I
give you FTP access (the restriction is that I have to know you from
previous discussions) to the Zope Tree/Products as well, so you can start
making some progress there as well.

I will not have much time until exams are over, so I do not want to kill
the momentum I seem to have generated (seeing my personal Inbox). I welcome
everyone to help with the coding and will do my best to support you.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter