[Zope-dev] Open Letter to zope-dev

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:34:49 +0000

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001 08:50:14 -0500, "Andreas Jung"
<andreas@andreas-jung.com> wrote:

>Also I had expect some input of the community regarding at unicode =
support
>inside Zope. But there has been no feedback. It looks like no one needs
>unicode support in Zope ?! :-)

I see the smiley, but Im still not sure whether you are joking.

Ive had stable, mature unicode support available as patches since Zope
version 2.1. Im sure Andreas is familiar with them, we have discussed
some details on more than one occasion.

Ive expressed to DC several times that I am keen to get these patches
into the zope core, and at Brian's request documented the changes in
two fishbowl proposals (even that request seemed cheeky at the time;
my patches were stable long before the fishbowl process ;-). He said
he was keen to get something into version 2.3, then version 2.4, but
so far nothing.

>The opening of the CVS
>is a good starting point but I would like to see more people =
contributing.

So far it really does appear that nothing will happen about this
particular issue until it is needed by a zope.com consulting project.
If there is anything more that I can do then somebody please tell me
what.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com