[Zope-dev] ZPT & Plain Text

Ulrich Eck ueck@net-labs.de
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:41:15 +0100

Hi out there :)

>> How would you do repeating texts or conditional texts like this? I mean,
>> perhaps it's obvious; I haven't played enough with ZPT yet.

Just for your info:

there is one product that tries to address this problem: TERRY
http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/TextTemplates

It is a modified version of TAL that doesn't use XML but
a custom syntax:

%(tal:content="here/fgcolor" black)%

I don't now, if this makes things easier, but it would
ensure at least the use of TALES and has similar usage.

>> I also think this looks rather unnatural when doing email templates or
>> SQL templates.
>
> I used to think that, I'm quickly changing positions. Perhaps the only
> option I'd like is a check box somewhere on the template object saying
> something like "always include tal:omit-tag by default. Then I reckon it
> could do for everything :-)
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris -- more and more a ZPT-ONLY! fan each day...

YES :)))  One Template-Language for all: ZPT
.. and one Expression Syntax as well: TALES ..

cheers

Ulrich Eck
net-labs Systemhaus GmbH
Ebersberger Str. 46