[Zope-dev] reduce() doesn't work in Python Scripts

Romain Slootmaekers romain@zzict.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:50:11 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Brad Clements wrote:

> On 6 Dec 2001 at 16:12, Romain Slootmaekers wrote:
>
> > > reduce(operator.add,[0,1,2,3,4])
> > >
> > try "_.reduce(....)"
>
> This is in a Python Script, I'm not using the DTML namespace.
>
> Note that map() and filter() work without a problem, so why not reduce() ?
>
> > this shkould be clear enough as a message.
> > zope can't find the reduce function.
>
> right, but it can find the other built-in functions okay.

try in your script:
print filter
return printed

and after that works <function guarded_filter at ...>

try :
print reduce
return printed

someone probably just forgot to implement the guarded_reduce method....