[Zope-dev] hooking up gdb is the problem, not scripting it (Re: hooking up gdb)

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
06 Dec 2001 15:05:15 -0200

I don't think telling gdb what to do would be a problem. The worst that
could happen is that I'd stuff my commands down gdb's stdin in a script.

The tricky part is convincing gdb to hook up to python when the sig 11
hits. Isn't there a trap instruction somewhere where I could tell python
to run an external script when hit by a sig11?

Or perhaps I should be running zope from gdb? Wouldn't that be
prohibitively slow? We are talking about a production machine here, with
a really huge Data.fs (aprox. 1GB) and lots of data on MySQL

Yesterday I put some zLOG.LOG calls imediately before and after
db.query() in ZMySQLDA/db.py. If I see calls that don't finish before a
sig 11 then I'll be sure it is _mysql.so fault.

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.