[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.4 crashes -- possible fix identified, other solutions also suggested

Joseph Wayne Norton norton@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:59:08 +0900

Matt et al -

We are using python 2.1.1 with pymalloc disabled and gc enabled with
zope 2.4.3 on the solaris platform.  We are currently seeing only 1 or
2 restarts a day for the zope/zeo clients.  Fortunately, we have not
experienced any trouble with the zeo server.

We have applied the a) extensionclass bugfix and I'm also planning to
apply the b) frame setup bugfix later this week.  We feel that patch
a) has reduced the number of restarts ... but the site activity has
descreased as well so it is difficult to really confirm.

1) I would like to know if any patches are available yet for the c)
compiler stack size bug.  When and if this patch is available, would
it require a new python installation, a new zope installation, or
both?

2) Are there any other related patches/comments with respect to python
2.1.1 and zope 2.4.3 and this issue?

thanks,

- joe n.