[Zope-dev] Fwd: [Zope-ZEO] zope+zodbc+zeo issues

Júlio Dinis Silva juliodinis@hotmail.com
Fri, 02 Feb 2001 22:26:45 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_7b17_26fd_2c5e

------=_NextPart_000_7b17_26fd_2c5e

From: "Júlio Dinis Silva" <juliodinis@hotmail.com>
To: zope-zeo@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-ZEO] zope+zodbc+zeo issues
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:46:16 -0000
Sender: zope-zeo-admin@zope.org

<P>Hi,</P>
<P><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">We are running for some months a zeo-based site where clients have a zodbc connection</FONT></P>
<P><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">to mssqlserver. We had&nbsp; defined a big value for the clients cache, but recently we drastically decrease that value due to memory problems.</FONT></P>
<P>The problem we are debugging now is that once in a while one of the clients became zombie</P>
<P>and going to a good client and doing the &quot;close zodbc connection&quot; the zombie one start moving ok.</P>
<P>So what is happening here? We think since we decrease the size of our clients cache, activity</P>
<P>in sqlserver is now bigger, so clients request more often sql executions.</P>
<P>We believe there is something wrong having this zodbc object shared by zeo clients where</P>
<P>each one of the clients have a NT ODBC DSN source to the sqlserver.</P>
<P>So question is: is it safe to share the same odbc adapter connection with zeo clients or one should take some special care. We are moving into trying to put each client using each own</P>
<P>zodbc connection. Dont ask me how cause we are going to hit it with a large hammer.</P>
<P>Any comments?</P>
<P>thanx,</P>
<P>Julio Dinis Silva</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>ps. sorry if this message goes in html format cause this fuc. hotmail webmail client now</P>
<P>has a activex object that I cant disable.</P>