[Zope-dev] ZClasses vs. Python Products

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 16:58:31 +0000

Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> Hi peeps,
>
> I'm trying to figure out whether to continue work on
> an existing ZClass product, or rewrite it from scratch.
>
> I get a claustrophobic feeling working with ZClasses,
> and using Python products is more intuitive to me..
> I've also seen several people (including guys from DC)
> refer to ZClass products as (paraphrasing) not-so-good
> and half-baked..
>
> Anyways, would you care to help me list the pros and cons
> for ZClasses and Python products?

Sounds to me like your needs would best be served with two
related products: a TTW ZClass product and a Python Product.
Each ZClass is derived from an associated Python base class.

You get to keep you flexibility, but also get the advantages
of TTW development when you need it.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer