[Zope-dev] Zope newbie question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 20:30:41 +0100 (CET)

Bryan Baszczewski writes:
 > Within my dtml, I am retrieving a text field from a database and passing
 > this field to a javascript function.  However, the text field can be any
 > length of characters and dtml keeps cutting the text off at no pre-set limit
 > making it impossible to pass this field to javascript.  The javascript is
 > going to take this text and pop it up in another window for the user to
 > read.
DTML does not cut text, unless you tell it to do with the
"size" attribute.

 > I checked the html source and everything looks fine, but when I execute it
 > gives an "unterminated string" error.  Could Zope be causing this?
That sounds strange.
Unterminated string errors might be non local.
Maybe, the problem is much earlier in your code, a missing
or extraneous quote.

Are you sure your text from the database does not contain
unescaped quotes?

Dieter