[Zope-dev] Python Based DataSkins and Propertysheets

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:44:09 +0100

> >>=20
> >> Accualy I don=B4t have to do that.
>=20
> Looking more closely at DataSkins.py, I see that class DataSkin =
derives from=20
> Persistent.
>=20
> So, I was wrong -- please ignore what I said about needing to derive =
from=20
> Persistent :-)

Whoooha!
I added PropertyManager to EmployX and it saves properties?

Is this correct?
- The objects are stored presistently in the Racks storage (BTree).

- The attributes (and the propertysheet which is a attribute) are
  managed by the "PersistentAttributes" attribute provider.
  (Can I verify this by some kind of inspection?)
=20
- If I would create Attribute Providers (with SkinScripts) they
 could redirect the storage to what ever storage i like.

Hm, I realize that I'm still very confused and the only way out of that=20
is "doing stuff" and see what happens.

Johanc

PS. I uploaded the latest version of EmployX if anybody want to
have a look. Its working now and should do basicly the same
thing EmployZ does (except minor cahnges).
http://www.zope.org/Members/johanc/EmployX