[Zope-dev] ProxyPass and SiteAccess getting REMOTE_ADDR

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:01:38 -0500

From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
> We're actually phasing this hack out in favour of a Virtual Host Monster
which
> seems like a much cleaner solution...

Sorry, Chris, VHM is irrelevent to this problem.  If you want to know the
original remote IP, you have two choices:

1. Use one of the Apache patches that have been posted.

2. Mangle it into URLs and extract it with an AccessRule.

Neither one of these is really satisfactory at the moment, since medusa
doesn't know either solution, and so z2.log doesn't get the proper IP
addresses.  I'm hoping that one of these days we can standardize on #1 and
provide support in medusa.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am