[Zope-dev] Calling Catalog from python script

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:57:07 -0500 (EST)

I'll probably figure this out as soon as I post like last time, but I've
been staring at it and can't see my mistake.  The following code returns
a list of None's:

objs = []
for catent in container.Catalog(context.REQUEST):
  objs.append(container.Catalog.getobject(catent.data_record_id_))
return objs

I've checked, and catent is a mybrains instance and catent.data_record_id_
has an increasing number as its value.  So why doesn't this work?

Also, and this is a better reason for posting this to zope-dev than
asking for help is <grin>: why can't I say

  catent.getobject()

That would seem to be a lot more OOish.

This is under Zope-2.3.0, by the way.

--RDM