[Zope-dev] Using Zope for Groupware/Messaging applications

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:28:55 -0700

"R. David Murray" wrote:

> Let me be a bit less cryptic.  Design your system, and use ZPatterns, and you
> can defer questions about which storage suits the parts of the app until
> later, and can change your mind at need.  For the kind of project you
> are embarking upon, the time needed to learn ZPatterns is well worth it.
>
> --RDM

I concur. It would be best to abstract the storage. Using this technique
you could scale the underlying storage theoretically without changing
the top level code. That would also facilitate more experimentation on
which scheme or combination of schemes would work best.

--