[Zope-dev] ZClass object on Rack retains old permission settings after being changed

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:11:17 +1100

Hi,

I have an instance of a ZClass stored on a Rack.the ZClass contains a
Folder named displayItemsVisitor. I changed the Folder's View
permission to from 'View' to 'Manage Application Objects' which is a
permission defined in my Product. I then gave viewOrder_html, which
is a DTML Method that calls a method inside this Folder a proxy role
which has the Manage Application Objects permission. Then I tried to
view viewOrder_html. I got Unauthorized on access to
displayItemsVisitor.

Fine. I already know that ZClass permissions are a mine field, so I
decided to give it up for now. So I returned everything to normal -
set the View permission of displayItemsVisitor back to 'View' and
removed the proxy role from viewOrder_html. When I tried to view
viewOrder_html, I got the same Unauthorized error.

So, I deleted displayItemsVisitor. Then I created a new one. Still
Unauthorized. Cache problem? I set the Cache Target Size and Target
max time to 0 and flushed the cache. Still Unauthorized.
Interestingly, the cache page shows 1281 objects in the cache even
after flushing.

My best guess is that there is some cache problem with ZPatterns,
where it continues to serve cached items and ignores object changes
and cache flushing. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is a cache problem
is ZPatterns, because on several occasions in the past ZPatterns
continued to serve items after I deleted them from the database.

So the question is, what do I do now?

TIA, Itai
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"      --