[Zope-dev] Python Scripts Bug & Question

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:28:46 -0500

From: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
> The Bug:
>
> If I use an name other than 'context' to bind to context, I quite often
(but not
> always :-S) get a KeyError on that name.

I'll check this out.  It's in the Collector, right?

> The Question:
>
> If I'm calling a Python Script from a Python Product (for example), how
would I
> pass a namespace to the script that would get bound as the namespace
argument?

Treat it as a keyword argument.  "Caller's namespace" is the only one of the
binding names that behaves this way, since the caller has complete control
over the contents of the namespace anyway.  For example:

myps(_=ns)

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am