[Zope-dev] Re: Photo Product Strangeness

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:41:49 -0800

Ron Bickers wrote:

> I noticed this behavior a while ago.  The author said he didn't have time to
> mess with it and it was a low priority.  I've been able to get the photos
> back the way they should be by some combination of saving properties on the
> properties screen and other such fumbling around.  I haven't bothered trying
> to figure out why it's happening, though.

I found an even more revealing scenario:

When you create a Photo in a folder, alter it's display
setings, *delete* it, and then create a new Photo in the
same folder, the new Photo will have the altered display
settings.

This tells me that the displays persistent atribute (a
tuple) is being created in the Folder's namespace, not the
Photo's. but I don't know enough to figure out where in the
source it's going wrong.

Michael Bernstein.