[Zope-dev] Storing lots of big objects in containers

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 13:59:53 +0000

Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> [Erik Enge]
>
> | Can't you just subclass the BTree Folder as you would with OFS.Folder?
> |
> | I think you might be confusing the Zope BTree implementation with the
> | BTree Folder Product?
>
> I've tried subclassing BTreeFolder, but then, whenever the object is
> accessed, zope falls flat on its face.  :-\

If you're deriving from BTree, make sure that the class BTree's __init__ method gets called.
Otherwise, there will be no BTree obeject to store your data in.

Does your class have an __init__ method? If so, you need to put as its first line:

  MyClass.inheritedAttribute('__init__')(self)

Where MyClass is the name of your class.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer