[Zope-dev] How to build indexes in the MemberCatalog of Membership Component?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
27 Feb 2001 20:58:53 -0700

On 23 Feb 2001 18:13:37 -0800, Dirksen wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> When I open the 'find objects' tab in MemberCatalog, I can't see 'PortalMember' in 'find
> object in type' selection field. How to build indexes then? Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the delay, that's what i get for living on the bleeding edge
of Evolution*.

Note: Creating an index is not done via the 'find; page, but rather the
indexes page. What you are describing is cataloging currently existing
objects. As to why Portal member doesn't show up, I don't know.

I use, and recommend the use of a ZPattern trigger. You can get it by
downloading the DataSkins product. This way, whenever a member is
modified, it automatially updates/creates it's entry in the catalog.
Just be sure to specify MemberCatalog :)

Bill

* Evolution decided it didn't want to compose messages anymore ...