[Zope-dev] 'inheritedAttribute' vs. 'call of superclass'

Gregor Heine heine@cdc-group.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:09:08 +0100

I have two Python classes, say A and B, where B subclasses A.
If I want to call a method in A from an overridden method in B I can either
use:

B.inheritedAttribute('method_in_A')(self. *args)
or:
A.method_in_A (self, *args)

Can anybody explain me the differences between those two, because the second
one seems (at least in the context of Zope Products) not always to work
properly whereas the first one doesn't look very OO'ish and is (AFAIK) not a
Python function but something coming from Zope.

Thanx,

Gregor Heine
Software Engineer
CDC Communications and Design Consultancy GmbH