[Zope-dev] Zope Development Roadmap Components

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:44:40 -0600

Yes this is what I was looking for and somewhat expecting. I can
understand the challenge in getting ZClass, Py/Perl Script, "composite
components" done right. In fact to me they could easily make things more
complex. Potentially more complex process and more complex machinery to
handle it. I would definitely be for a simpler model of components which
are just as describe .py files and an interface.

I read somewhere that doing components right is/can be hard. The author
wrote that component creation is done by the few for the many. There
will be fewer component authors and more component users and
integrators. I agree with his assessment.

I think what will make it easier for component authors will be well a
defined API. This appears to me what y'all are doing. If I understand
correctly.

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin