[Zope-dev] "dynamic permissions" in zope

Heinz-Josef Claes hjclaes@web.de
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 16:57:25 +0100

Hi,

I'm very new to zope and have to eximine, if it's usable for our
requirements.

The question I have, is very simple or perhaps very difficult, I don't
know.

Our requrements are a permissioning system which depends on a matrix:
There are two independend qualities which describe, if a user is allowed
to see a document. This can be displayed in a matrix. Only if *both*
qualities match, the user is allowed to see it.
As far as I understand zope, it is not possible to map this directly (as
by all other systems I know).

So my question:
Is it possible to connect a permission (or role) in zope with a method
(instead of a static flag which was set)? If it is possible, it should
be possible to call a special  algorithm with this request, which can
implement whatever is needed. So, it would be (easy) possible to
*integrate* this functionality.
(I called this permissions "dynamic", because the are evaluated when
requestet.)

Or does anybody has another (better) idea?

Any help is very apreciated,
Heinz-Josef Claes
hjclaes@web.de