[Zope-dev] Conflict Errors

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:51:28 +0100 (CET)

Chris Withers writes:
 > However, if anyone does know what constitutes a 'seperate object' in
 > ZODB terms, it be really useful to know.
 > I'm guessing a class which inherits from Persistent? Dictionaries don't,
 > 'cos they're python builtins, which I'm pretty certain was the problem
 > in my case...
This has recently been answered in the list.
Here a short summary:

  a persistent object with all its attributes.
  If the attribute is itself a persistent object, then
  the "separate" object contains only a reference to it.
  Otherwise, the complete attribute value (until persistent objects
  are hit) is part of the object's value.

Dieter